My Written Works and Work Samples
While working as a consultant for several companies, I have produced websites for their clients. Most of the links below are links to screenshot samples as the sites linked have changed since I've worked on them or they are Intranets not accessible to the public.
- Francesca's Collections Online Boutique (www.francescascollections.com) - women's clothing boutique - Built a commerce website for this client while working for Acquity Group.
- Burton (store.burton.com) - snowboards and apparel - Built a commerce website for this client while working for Acquity Group.
- LeapFrog (store.leapfrog.com) - educational toys - Built a commerce website for this client while working for Acquity Group.
- LeapFrog FLY - LeapFrog big kid's educational toys - Built a commerce website for this client while working for Acquity Group.
- Acquity Group company website (www.acquitygroup.com) – Built the initial templates for a redesigned Acquity Group website.
- Pathfinder Associates company website (www.pathf.com) - Built several versions of the site and performed SEO (Search Engine Optimization) techniques on the site. At a point in time from 2005-2006, organically optimized the site to always appear in position #1 in Google.com searches for specific keywords.
- Marmon Group (www.marmon.com) – Risk Management Questionnaires on Intranet.
- NORC (National Opinion Research Center) – Worked on an Oracle Portal Intranet and a couple of browser-based application for use on standalone laptops for an Arabic country. Worked on these projects for three versions each.
- Chicago Sun-Times (http://www.suntimes.com) – Built a site registration interface.
- Lake County Community Trust (http://www.lakecountycf.org) – Built website.
- Dealer Technologies, Inc. (http://www.dealertechnologiesinc.com) - Designed and built a website.
- iVIEW Website – iVIEW was a divine, Inc. venture that never got off the ground. I did the preliminary build on the website. In this example, some of the navigation works but many pages of content are missing.
- Wm. Wrigley Jr. Company - Built their first Intranet.
I also design websites for fun and have produced several which I now maintain as the "Webmaster". This site for example, wojzworld.com, is a site I maintain for fun. The other sites I design and maintain, while for fun, are produced with a high level of professionalism in mind.
Following are two case studies I wrote while working for divine Inc. as one of three Professional Services National Marketing Managers. The cool fact about these two case studies is that, in addition to writing the case studies, I worked on the actual projects involved before I moved into the marketing role.
Reports and Plans
At the end of 1999, while working for Whittman-Hart, I had the good fortune to be assigned to a strategic task force to define a 5-year Technology Integration Plan for the City of Chicago Education System. The basic purpose of the plan was to help bring more technology into Chicago schools to help educate the workforce of the future.
Whittman-Hart donated $750,000 worth of resources to developing this plan as a goodwill gesture to the City of Chicago. My role on the project was Team Lead to gather the City Colleges data. I helped write the plan, providing the City Colleges input and data that I gathered, and then edited the entire 225-page report for content consistency, spelling, grammar, and style.
Linked below is a copy of the report as well as some supporting materials explaining what the project was about and an article describing its introduction.
One of the vertical markets I was responsible for developing at divine Inc. was the HealthCare market. While involved in that effort, I wrote and edited the following marketing sheet.